If you feel your child would benefit from our program, please contact our agency. Your next step is to schedule an orientation. An orientation can take place at our office or if you have a problem with transportation, we can send a caseworker to your home to meet with you and your children. An orientation is an opportunity for us to make sure you have all the information you need in order to make an informed decision regarding your child's participation in our program. Listed below is a short overview of some important features of our program that will help you make a decision as to whether you would like to schedule your orientation.
- Children ages 6 to 14 are eligible to enroll
- Any child who demonstrates a specific need such as help with academics can qualify for our program.
- Our basic service is that your child will be assigned a mentor for a minimum of one year with monthly contact.
- Our matches are currently lasting on average 26 months.
- There is no cost to you for this program.
- Our volunteers are thoroughly screening, including but not limited to: application, interview, home visit, police checks, motor vehicle check, and references .
- The staff social worker will contact all parties monthly to make sure everyone is enjoying the program and progress is being made towards goals and objectives.